A propos of not much – some meta-blogging thoughts:
- The irrepressible Worstall will be wetting himself to be in the running for this – The Blooker Prize, a prize for books based on blogs or websites. (I have never understood the value of dead-tree versions of the internet myself.)
- On the subject of Timothy, is it just me or is his site now so laden with advertisements, sitemeters etc that it takes an age to load? Most of the time it doesn’t matter, because I see all I need in my RSS reader; but it has become a real deterrrent to going to the site itself. Or is that just because I am many thousands of miles away?
- Typepad seems to be down quite a lot recently?
- As well as being very slow to load, Truth Laid Bear rankings seem very volatile.
- Google’s new online feed reader is way too slow to be useable
- Not so many blogs quote the New York Times columnists now that they are behind a $50 a year TimesSelect barrier – Krugman, Kristof et al must be in a rage