Thanks to EU Rota, I got tagged for the book meme to tell you about my reading habits. Number of Books I Own I reckon about 2,500. They are mainly boxed up and in store somewhere in Gloucester, while I live in the US for a couple of years. I miss having them around. Last Book I Bought The Wisdom of Crowds: Why the Many Are Smarter Than the Few and How Collective Wisdom Shapes Business, Economies, Societies and Nations by James Surowiecki Last Book Read London Fields by Martin Amis Trying again – having got half way through it a few years ago. Five Books That Meant A Lot To Me This is really hard. I’m assuming this means books that were important in shaping my life. There’s more non-fiction than fiction as a result, which doesn’t feel as if it properly describes my reading habits.
- Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid by Douglas R. Hofstadter
- We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will be Killed With Our Families: Stories from Rwanda by Philip Gourevitch
- The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins
- Running and Being by George Sheehan
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley